The board serves as a consulting, advisory and supervisory body to study and recommend policies relating to the operation, promotion, enlargement, future planning and such other matters involving city parks as may be referred to it by the City Council. The board consists of seven (7) members. The Parks Board regularly meets on the Second Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM in the Meeting Room of the Public Works and Development Services Building at 201 Bolivar Street.
Parks Board Members
- Jennifer Shumate, Place 1
- Lee Allison, Place 2
- Mendy Echols, Place 3,
- Cora Harner, Place 4 Chair
- Chris Byrom, Place 5
- Melanie Jacobs, Place 6
- Bob Koger, Place 7
Sanger Parks include:
- Railroad Avenue Baseball Park
- Community Park with basketball and tennis courts and pool
- Downtown Park with pavilion and playground equipment
- Quail Run Park
- John Porter Sports Complex with softball diamonds and soccer fields
Parks staff is responsible for maintenance of Welcome Signs on I-35. Other responsibilities include mowing and maintenance of city property.
PARK BOARD MEETINGS
Below are the Park Board Meeting Agendas and Minutes. Minutes are not posted until they are approved by the Board.
PARK BOARD AGENDAS
PARK BOARD MINUTES
| Joint Special Called City Council Park Board and 4B Meeting 06-18-2012