Community Development
Q.  Does the City require bond to dig in Right of Way (ROW)?
A.  Any person excavating within the city Right of Way and damages or removes and replaces all or a portion of the street structure is required to place a two (2) year Maintenance Bond of $2,500.00 with the Public Works Department.

Q.  Who do I contact about construction projects?
A. The Engineering Department is responsible for nearly all street, drainage, water and sewer construction projects.  Please call 940.458.7930 Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Q.  How can I get city water and sewer lines located and how much does this service cost?
A.   Call the Public Works Service Center at 940.458.7930 and request water and sewer line locates. The city will locate water and sewer lines that are maintained by the city and within city rights-of-way and/or easements.

Q.  Is the city of Sanger part of the DIG TESS one-call system for locating underground utilities?
A.  The city is not part of the DIG TESS one-call system.  To locate underground utilities other than city water and sewer lines, call 1.800.DIGTESS a minimum of 48 hours prior to digging.  You must contact Public Works for city water and sewer line locates.

Q.  I need to have my backflow device (double check) tested.  Who do I contact?
A.  The Utility Department is responsible for monitoring the testing of all backflow devices within the city.  Contact Utility Operations at 940.458.7930 and ask for the backflow inspector.

Q. How do I get a survey of my property?
A. The city does not have surveys of private property. You will need to contact a surveyor to have one prepared.

Q. Does the City have standard construction details?
A. Yes, contact the City’s Public Works Department at 940.458.2571.

Q.  There is new construction behind my lot and I’m having drainage problems due to the construction.  Is there anything the city can do to make the developer drain his development away from me?
A.  There is a misconception that new development is not allowed to drain onto existing development. If the area drained onto the adjacent property prior to development, it may continue to do so after development.  If problems are being created during construction, please contact the Public Works Department at 940.458.2571 and they will investigate to determine whether the development is being properly constructed.

Q.  The new construction behind my house is causing a lot of dirt and sediment to enter my yard.  Can the city force the builder to place erosion protection on his lot?
A.   Please contact the Public Works Department at 940.458.2571. It is helpful if you know the name of the adjacent development.  The developer of a subdivision or a commercial site is required to maintain pollution control on his property until adequate vegetation is established.

Sanger, Texas City Hall
502 Elm St, Sanger, TX 76266
Phone: 940-458-7930

City of Sanger - FacebookCity of Sanger - TwitterCity of Sanger - YoutubeCity of Sanger - Code Red

Copyright © City of Sanger, Texas  2016. All rights reserved.

powered by ezTaskTitanium TM