- Boards & Commissions
- Planning & Zoning Commission
Planning & Zoning Commission
- The 2nd Monday of each month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes | View Archived Agendas and Minutes
The Planning and Zoning Commission is composed of seven citizens serving two-year terms appointed by the City Council.
The Planning and Zoning Commission is responsible for the administration of the City of Sanger Zoning Ordinance. The Commission reviews and makes recommendations on proposed changes to the City of Sanger Zoning Ordinance and Zoning Map. The Commission also reviews and approves subdivision plats on properties within the city limits and the surrounding extraterritorial jurisdiction.
The Commission makes recommendations to the Council on proposed ordinance(s) and amendments to existing ordinances(s) regarding planning, zoning and environmental quality. The Board has authority to hear appeals and variances to city regulations related to zoning and building and to determine if the Administrative Official has created an error in the interpretation and enforcement.
If appointed you will serve on both boards. The Board of Adjustment typically convenes after the Planning and Zoning Commission meeting adjourns, when an agenda is scheduled.
- Submittals are accepted before Noon on the Wednesday 26 days prior to the Planning and Zoning Commission meeting. The submittal deadlines are intended to provide enough time for staff to review the item and provide any public notice of required public hearings.
- Submittals for plats are not accepted earlier than 28 days prior to the next Planning and Zoning Commission meeting. This allows the item to be acted upon within the 30 day time limit imposed by state law.
- Deadlines and meeting dates are subject to change. Please consult with City Staff to confirm the schedule of upcoming meetings and deadlines before making any submittal.