To translate this webpage, click select language widget on this page.
Para traducir esta página web, haga clic en el widget Seleccionar idioma en esta página.
City General Election - Saturday, May 4, 2024
The next City of Sanger General Election will be held on Saturday, May 4, 2024, to elect a Mayor and Councilmembers for Place 2 and Place 4 for a two-year term.
Applications will be available for pick-up for filing for a place on the ballot at Sanger City Hall, 502 Elm Street, Sanger, Texas.
- The first day to file for a place on ballot is January 17, 2024 at 7:30 AM
- The last day to File for a place on the ballot is February 16, 2024 by 5:00 PM
- Notice of Deadline to File an Application for a Place on the Ballot cities - (AVISO DE FECHA LÍMITE PARA PRESENTAR UNA SOLICITUD PARA UN LUGAR EN LA BOLETA PARA CIUDADES)
City Hall regular office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM and Friday 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM. The City Secretary's Office will be open until 5:00 PM on February 16, 2024.
Notice of Drawing for a Place on Ballot PDF (posted 02/15/2024)
Location of next Election
Sanger Community Center – 101 Freese Street, Sanger, Texas 76262
The main Early Voting polling place is Denton County Elections Administration located at 701 Kimberly Dr., Denton, TX 76208, room A111.
***and other locations as designated by Denton County
Denton County Election Administration
Texas Secretary of State
City of Sanger City Council Elected Officials and Terms
The City Council consists of a Mayor and five Council Members, all of whom are elected at large. Positions are numbered one through five consecutively. The terms of the Mayor and Council members shall be for two years. The Mayor and Council Places 2 and 4, shall be elected in even numbered years, and Council Places 1, 3, and 5 shall be elected in odd numbered years. Regular City Council Meetings are on the first and third Monday of every month, unless the meeting falls on a holiday which then moves the meeting to Tuesday. Access agendas and minutes for all of the Sanger City Council meetings.
|First Term Elected
|Thomas E. Muir
Qualifications / Eligibility to File
City of Sanger Home Rule Charter Section 3.04 Code of Ordinances
Each candidate for an elective office shall meet the following qualifications:
- Be a qualified voter
- Be 21 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable
- Must have resided in the State for twelve months and within the City limits for twelve months immediately preceding the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot
- Shall not be employed by the City
- Shall meet all other eligibility requirements of the Texas Election Code
- Texas Election Code - Candidate Qualifications
For more information on Voter Registration and locations to vote please visit Vote Denton.
Election Results - May 6, 2023
The General Election results for May 6, 2023, can be found on Denton County's website at: https://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Denton/117737/web.307039/#/summary.
Ordinance Canvassing the May 7, 2022 General Election - Ordinance 05-13-22 (PDF)