Get a Library Card
What a Library Card Allows You to Get
A Sanger Public Library card gives you access to our growing collection of 23,000-plus items and a useful group of eServices, including:
- Streaming Music
- Research Tools
In addition, a Sanger Public Library card allows you to access 6 other area libraries through the North Texas Library Consortium!
Apply for a Library Card
To get a library card:
- Apply in person at Sanger Public Library at:
501 Bolivar Street
Sanger, TX 76266
- Must show a valid photo ID with a current address, such as a driver's license (a valid temporary driver's license is acceptable).
- If your ID doesn't have your current address: a recent/valid proof of address is required in addition to the photo ID. Accepted documents include:
- Lease Agreement
- Utility Bill
- Car Insurance
- Property Tax Statement
- Bank Statement
- Any type of official document or mailing will work
- While we have no restrictions regarding the place of residence, short-term residents and visitors to the area may be issued a temporary card with an expiration date of less than a year (1 month, 3 months, 6 months, etc.) at the discretion of the library. A permanent mailing address, phone number, and temporary physical address (if applicable) should be provided.
- There is no minimum age to get a library card, but a child must be able to sign his/her full name on our family card form (either in print or in cursive).
- A parent/guardian of those under 14 must fill out and sign our family form for their child to receive a card. At least one parent/guardian of a minor should have a Sanger Library card in good standing. If a parent does not have a Sanger card, we will first issue a card to the parent and then issue cards to their child(ren).
- Student cards are available to minors ages 14 to 17 (without a parent signature), which allow the cardholder to check out up to 2 books and access our full collection of eBooks, as well as TexShare database research tools. A student card may be expanded to a full privilege card with a parent/guardian's signature or when they turn 18.
- Written parental permission is required for all minors to use library computers.
Questions About Library Cards
There is no charge to get a Sanger Public Library card and we have no residency restrictions, however, we do have certain stipulations and requirements (for more information on our borrowing policies and other frequently asked questions, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page).